SMS Kelantan as I Remember

This is a collection of stories and old photos of me, friends, teachers and events during my secondary school years (1975-79) at SMS Kelantan, which is now known as Sek Men Sains Tengku Muhammad Faris Putra. The school itself was started in 1973, and moved to the new campus in 1974 (you'll see grassless field in some pix!)

Best viewed using Morzilla Firefox!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Kak Noor Dewan Makan (Dining Hall)

I don't remember many of the general staff of the school, and I bet I'm not the only one. The most popular persons then must have been Pak Cik Hamid and Pak cik Soh (both were the drivers then)!

I can still remember Kak Faizah (The Dining Hall steward) and a few others, only by face. Right now K Yah in the office is a regular voice to me as I do call the school regularly on alumni's matter.

However, there was one person who stays special in my heart, and she's Kak Noor from the dining Hall. As we were growing up, we also saw the love between her and another kitchen help, Ang Man blossomed all the way to their marriage. Sadly we also witness an unfortunate "break-up" between them :-(
And since the break-up Kak Noor has remained single to this day..

What was so special about Kak Noor was that at times she would go out of her way just to help feed us more and better. She'd the one who'd keep extra food for some "fussy" eaters, and whenever there was anyleftover, she was never reluctant to just let us have them!! Unlike some abangs who favoured the girls and some kakaks who favoured the boys, K Noor was quite fair to both sexes.

Apparently, like Cikgu Mat Nor, Kak Noor sometimes turns up at our annual Raya Puasa gathering (on the 3rd Raya at 3pm in school).

I caught her in 2003 (well.. I was unable to attend any more since then). i saw her standing quietly at one corner, observing us catching up with old friends. When I went to her and shouted "Kak Noor", her answer was (in her usual tone) "Ingat ko mu tok ingat doh!" (I thought you can't recognise me!"... How could I???

And here's that special pix of us on that day,- hopefully many of us can recall her!



Later in 2004 when I went to SK Zainab 3 to meet Mahisham, I met her again. She was then attached there! I used to keep her handphone number, but with people changing their HP no like changing diapers, I don't know if hers is still valid or not - and it's in my old faulty phone :-(

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home