SMS Kelantan as I Remember

This is a collection of stories and old photos of me, friends, teachers and events during my secondary school years (1975-79) at SMS Kelantan, which is now known as Sek Men Sains Tengku Muhammad Faris Putra. The school itself was started in 1973, and moved to the new campus in 1974 (you'll see grassless field in some pix!)

Best viewed using Morzilla Firefox!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Old School Bus

This is the first bus the school had. When it arrived in 1974 (according to recollections from seniors), teachers and students alike were very excited.

As for me, I remember this bus as one of the main means to get to town for our weekly Saturday outings. It is also the vehicle that took me to various destinations (the further ones were KL, JB, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu) during many school trips.

This pix was taken a couple of years ago. I have a few more shots of this old machine, but need to find them first... Source: semesta's e-group


During the Labour Day break last year, we were passing by the school, and saw something familiar in the open space next to the school compound (i.e. OUTSIDE the school compound). Hubby took the first pix:


On a close-up, we realised that it was actually the OLD BUS!
(Note the red and blue stripes)
I just wonder, if an essay is written with the title "An Autobiography of a Bus" or "Aku SeBuah Bas SBP", you'd know how the ending would be.

Note: Amran (73-79) has written about the day the bus first arrived here

6 Comments:

  • At November 29, 2006 12:33 PM, Blogger Wan Ray said…

    Hi, I followed your blog link you gave in the SEMESTA yahoogroup. It is such a nice site to visit!

    FYI, I was in SMSKn from '82 to '86 and I have a lot of wonderful memories associated with that ol' school bus. In fact, we even have a guy nicknamed "Abarth" - bersempena bas sekolah ni!

    I noticed that you have a lot of photos about our school and it is very nice of you to share them in your blog. Do you mind if I use some of them in my blog sites? I hope you don't mind...

    Consider me as your regular visitor to your blog site - I really enjoy your writing.

    Regards
    waras69

     
  • At November 29, 2006 12:43 PM, Blogger busymum100 said…

    Wan Ray,

    I am happy that you found the site interesting.

    Sure, you can take any pix you wish, as long as niat baik (e.g. bukan utk di"modify" jadi tak elok).

    saya still tak cukup masa nak scan and upload other pix.. ada lah sikit2 lagi...

     
  • At November 30, 2006 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    bas ni masa zaman saya (89-93) hanya digunakan untuk solat jumaat ke masjid pengkalan chepa. kami gelarnya sebagai bas bombay. :)

    xfaris 89-93

     
  • At November 30, 2006 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I chipped my teeth when I hit the bar atop the seat in front of me. That happened when Pak Hamid hit the emergency brake when we were goin' for our solat Jumaat. It serves as a reminder until this day for me as I have my two front teeth sharpened, lucky it chips in the inner part of it with slight deformation from the front.

    ex-SMS 78-82

     
  • At July 21, 2007 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I sent a story to our old group (now closed)about the excitement we felt when this bus first entered our school gate (and our school life) way back in 1974.
    I was watching through the window from my dorm, not long after our lunch hour. It was supposed to be just another dull ordinary afternoon but this bus' appearance brightened the day. It remained etched in my memory of all the times I managed to spend on this great bus driven by the great Pak Hamid.

    However my heart crumbled to see those pictures in ur blog...

    Amran73

     
  • At July 21, 2007 7:37 PM, Blogger busymum100 said…

    Amran,

    I have indeed put your remisniscense in my blog
    here and here

     

Post a Comment

<< Home