SMS Kelantan as I Remember

This is a collection of stories and old photos of me, friends, teachers and events during my secondary school years (1975-79) at SMS Kelantan, which is now known as Sek Men Sains Tengku Muhammad Faris Putra. The school itself was started in 1973, and moved to the new campus in 1974 (you'll see grassless field in some pix!)

Best viewed using Morzilla Firefox!

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Speechday 1976

The 1976 Speechday was very special indeed - I think it was the first Speechday for the school (I could be wrong, though). Anyway, on that day, the school gave out awards to the first group of LCE/SRP and MCE/SPM best students. En Omar Hashim was the distinguished guest of the day.

I also received best in form award for Form 1 1975 (the year before).
(I'll post the pix later).

In conjunction with it, we also had various exhibitions held on that day. I remember being very busy preparing for the Homescience exhibition - I had to sew a picture of a cat and flowers (which was later given to En Omar Hashim as a souvenir from the students) and also crocheted a red shawl (as seen in the pix below). Fauziah, my classmate made the whiteand red daisy shawl. We had the exhibition in the Homescience sewing room.


It was also during this exhibition that I came across the "Pascal Triangle". I can't remember who the exhibitors were but they really had a hard time trying to explain the probability related to the triangle. They had nails to represent the triangle, and asked us to drop marbles many times from the top, and where the marbles drop at is related to the Pascal triangle, or something like that!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home