SMS Kelantan as I Remember

This is a collection of stories and old photos of me, friends, teachers and events during my secondary school years (1975-79) at SMS Kelantan, which is now known as Sek Men Sains Tengku Muhammad Faris Putra. The school itself was started in 1973, and moved to the new campus in 1974 (you'll see grassless field in some pix!)

Best viewed using Morzilla Firefox!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ecological Trip to Semerak Beach - 1978





It was a tradition in my school in the 1970s for the form 4 students to go to Semerak Beach (near Pasir Putih), for an ecological trip. The trip was to study the mangrove swamp (see the plants during both high and low tides).

Honestly, I do not really remember the academic part of the trip :-D
I only remember that when I was in form 2 and 3, I heard so much about these trips taken by my seniors. We were told to keep our old school shoes for the trip, because chances were that while walking in the swamp, we might end up losing the shoes (stuck) in the mud.

My classmate, Norita was nice enough to send me the scanned pix of this trip:




Girls from my class: Aihah (where is she now?), Puyah (another lost friend), moi, Norita, Watee and Nury

3 Comments:

  • At October 24, 2008 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sabar,

    Perasan tak masa tu era pakai selipar tapak tebal. Cuba tengok selipar Ita dan Wa..ha.ha.ha... klasik sungguh. Couldn't see mine in any of the pictures -- tak heran kalau aku punya pun sama.

     
  • At March 02, 2009 4:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    nice blog.i m ex faris too..9903 batch.

     
  • At March 02, 2009 7:04 AM, Blogger busymum100 said…

    Dear We,

    Thank you for dropping by. I wonder if during your bacth (or even now?) the students still have similar trips?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home